***** Please Don't Forget To Visit My Web Comic *****

BugPudding Webcomic

Additionally, You Can Help Support Cartooning in ToonBoom By Making A $5 donation.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Profile of the Author



Caricature courtesy of Zeb at ZEBtoonz

I certainly hope that you are enjoying the articles and tutorials that I'm writing here for Cartooning in Toon Boom. I have been a cartoonist and animator since my early teens in the 1960's. My goal with this blog is to provide knowledge, inspiration and encouragement for anyone who is interested in cartooning and making cartoons particularly using Toon Boom Animation (TBA) software. My major focus is on making animated cartoons using Toon Boom Studio (TBS), but over time I may begin to add articles about using other TBA products.

As a disclaimer, I need to state that I am not employed by Toon Boom Animation and therefore these articles and tutorials are my own work and the opinions expressed are mine alone. I use their software in my own business and my interest in TBA is that of a very satisfied customer, who is doing their part to help other TBA customers
and potential customers by enhancing their user experience and assisting them down their road to successful animated content creation.

In 2002 my company, Connected Concepts LLC., added on
a new area to our management consulting business, Connected Concepts Media Productions, and formed the TallGrassRadio Studios (TGRS) to provide the additional services of producing graphical and animated content for our corporate clients to assist them in their confidential inter-organizational communications of concepts and ideas.

Animated cartoons are far more than Saturday morning entertainment. TGRS combines humor and visualization to enhance our client's business operations during times of change and during the implementation of new operational and organizational paradigms. It is much easier and less threatening to embrace change when the concepts are presented in a less formal and more familiar way, like an animated cartoon. Historically this idea of using animation for information and education has its roots in the work done by most of Hollywood's legendary film makers during World War II. For years I observed how difficult
paradigm change management was for most organizations and I decided to turn my love of cartoon making into a useful as well as entertaining tool.

Contact Information:
JK-TGRS@connectedconcepts.net